It happens to the best of us.
There are perks to getting older, like gaining wisdom. But then there are the downfalls. Saggy skin ranks rather high on that less desirable list.
Here are 10 ways to tighten loose, saggy skin and make you look like you’ve stopped the clock.
1. Avocado and nuts. Vitamin E-rich foods like avocado and nuts can work wonders for saggy skin. This is because vitamin E plays a major role in collagen production, necessary to fill out wrinkles. In addition to consuming vitamin E-rich foods, you can apply a paste made from mashed avocado and olive oil to the face as a natural moisturizer and skin tightener.
2. Oatmeal, honey, and egg white. To make a fabulous skin tightening mask at home, apply a mixture of blended egg whites, oatmeal, and honey to the face and neck. The lying down for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinsing the face with warm and then cool water.
3. Self-massage with olive oil. Massaging the skin makes it more elastic and better able to come together as oppose to sag. Treating your face and neck to a self-massage with olive oil or mustard oil daily.
4. Oranges and broccoli. Livestrong explains citrus and other vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables are full of collagen producing vitamins that, like vitamin E, help fill out wrinkles and tighten saggy skin.
5. Egg whites. The hydro lipids in egg whites make this protein a powerful moisturizer and nourisher when applied topically to the skin. The whites from two eggs in a glass until the mixture becomes foamy. Apply the mixture to the face and let it work for 20 to 30 minutes. Then, simply rinse with cool water. Repeat twice daily for best results.
6. Lemon. Rubbing fresh lemon on the face can have miraculous results for people wanting to tighten their skin. 54Health says this is because lemon is a vitamin C-rich citrus fruit known to boost the skin’s collagen production. For best results, apply lemon three times daily. Leave it on for 10 minutes before splashing the face with cool water and following with a moisturizer.
7. Tomato juice. Massaging tomato juice into the skin for five minutes and then letting the healing nutrients seep into the skin for 1 full hour can make a serious difference in the appearance of aging skin.
8. Aloe vera and cucumber. Best Natural Facelift Without Surgeryrecommends using a home remedy face mask made from peeled cucumber blended with 2 tablespoons aloe vera. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water. Aloe vera is especially effective because its antioxidants are known to reduce the size of skin pores and to soften wrinkles.
9. Banana. Applying mashed banana to the face and resting for 15 minutes before rinsing with cold water is useful in boosting collagen production. You can also use banana to make a mask, as suggested by Best Natural Facelift Without Surgery, by mixing 1 ripe banana with 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, and the contents of 1 capsule of vitamin E 1.
10. Facial yoga. This is a real thing. Marie Claire says practicing a 20-minute routine 6 times weekly lifts, firms, tones, and reduces wrinkles by increasing blood circulation. Better circulation allows more oxygen and nourishment to reach the skin cells. Facial yoga also boosts collagen production and makes skin more elastic.
What’s your secret to tight, youthful skin? Tell us and SHARE this story on social media!