After running some errands with his wife and daughter, a Florida dad parked his car outside the house and left it running while he ran inside to grab a few things before going about their day.
Father-of-one Nathan Dornacher had spent the morning with his family going to a garage sale to pick up a desk for his little girl in the family’s Jeep Grand Cherokee. “I left it running with the AC on to keep the car cool as we were planning on grabbing the dog and heading to Petco,” Dornacher said.
However, when he got back out to the car, he saw the inside of his car had lit on fire. “I went back out to the car to grab my phone which was on the charger (me and Lydia always fight over the house charger), went to open the door and saw flames inside,” Dornacher wrote in a post to Facebook.
In the few minutes that Dornacher had left his phone in the car, the brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 7had burst into flames and lit the car on fire, and by the time the fire department got to the scene, the entire car was burnt to a crisp.
Luckily no one got hurt in the freak accident, but Dornacher is now spreading his story to warn others about how dangerous the new Samsung phone, which was recently recalled for problems with the battery, can be especially since many parents let their young children play with their phones.
Did you know this could happen to cell phones? Let us know in the comments below and please SHARE this with friends and parents on Facebook to warn them of the danger.